Contributions are welcome, and they are greatly appreciated! Every little bit helps, and credit will always be given.
When reporting a bug please include:
- Your operating system name and version.
- Any details about your local setup that might be helpful in troubleshooting.
- Detailed steps to reproduce the bug.
DvG_QDeviceIO could always use more documentation, whether as part of the official DvG_QDeviceIO docs, in docstrings, or even on the web in blog posts, articles, and such.
Feature requests and feedback¶
The best way to send feedback is to file an issue at https://github.com/Dennis-van-Gils/python-dvg-qdeviceio/issues.
If you are proposing a feature:
- Explain in detail how it would work.
- Keep the scope as narrow as possible, to make it easier to implement.
- Remember that this is a volunteer-driven project, and that code contributions are welcome :)
To set up python-dvg-qdeviceio for local development:
Fork python-dvg-qdeviceio (look for the “Fork” button).
Clone your fork locally:
git clone email@example.com:Dennis-van-Gils/python-dvg-qdeviceio.git
Create a branch for local development:
git checkout -b name-of-your-bugfix-or-feature
Now you can make your changes locally.
When you’re done making changes run a check:
pytest --cov-report term-missing --cov=src -vv
Commit your changes and push your branch to GitHub:
git add . git commit -m "Your detailed description of your changes." git push origin name-of-your-bugfix-or-feature
Submit a pull request through the GitHub website.
Pull Request Guidelines¶
If you need some code review or feedback while you’re developing the code just make the pull request.
For merging, you should:
- Include passing tests .
- Update documentation when there’s new API, functionality etc.
- Add a note to
CHANGELOG.rstabout the changes.
- Add yourself to
|||You can rely on Travis - it will run the tests for each change you add in the pull request.|